NASA Releases University Leadership Initiative Solicitation
University Leadership Initiative (ULI) provides the opportunity for university teams to exercise technical and organizational leadership in proposing unique technical challenges in aeronautics, defining multi-disciplinary solutions, establishing peer review mechanisms, and applying innovative teaming strategies to strengthen the research impact.
Research proposals are sought in seven ULI topic areas in Appendix D.4.
- Topic 1: Safe, Efficient Growth in Global Operations (Strategic Thrust 1)
- Topic 2: Innovation in Commercial Supersonic Aircraft (Strategic Thrust 2)
- Topic 3: Ultra-Efficient Subsonic Transports (Strategic Thrust 3)
- Topic 4: Safe, Quiet, and Affordable Vertical Lift Air Vehicles (Strategic Thrust 4)
- Topic 5: In-Time System-Wide Safety Assurance (Strategic Thrust 5)
- Topic 6: Assured Autonomy for Aviation Transformation (Strategic Thrust 6)
- Topic 7: Novel In-Flight and Ground Measurement Techniques for Hypersonic Flight
This NRA will utilize a two-step proposal submission and evaluation process. The initial step is a short mandatory Step-A proposal due June 30, 2020. Those offerors submitting the most highly rated Step-A proposals will be invited to submit a Step-B proposal. All proposals must be submitted electronically through NSPIRES at https://nspires.nasaprs.com.
An Applicant’s Workshop will be held on Thursday April 30, 2020; 1:00-3:00 p.m. ET (https://ac.arc.nasa.gov/ppbriefing/ and sign in as a “Guest” using your full name).