The following events should be of particular interest to the OFRN Community.
Learn what you need to know to be successful in the aerospace and defense supply chain now and in the future. Even if you are not currently supplying products to the aerospace industry, there could be opportunities for you to do so. With new technology and the need to increase suppliers in both aerospace and defense, new opportunities exist for manufacturers all the time. Learn how to take advantage of this growing sector.
GREG HARBAUGH, FORMER ASTRONAUT TO PROVIDE KEYNOTE LUNCHEON ADDRESS —
We are honored to have Greg Harbaugh, former astronaut and graduate of South High School in Lake County, as keynote luncheon speaker for this seminar. Harbaugh made four shuttle missions during his career with NASA Glenn. He will share his experiences as a shuttle astronaut and provide a snapshot of current and future space developments—who’s doing what and why, and his predictions. He will also talk about InnerSpace consultants and leadership development. Harbaugh will be on hand for the evening networking reception.
- Hear from a major aerospace manufacturer on how to increase sales or become part of their supply chain
- Hear a brief overview on the latest standards impacting the Aerospace and Defense Sector, including AS9100D, as well as NIST standard for Cyber Security, presented by MAGNET
- An update on funding and research opportunities for manufacturers partnering with university and federal organizations, presented by the Ohio Federal Research Network
- The Aerospace Sector Team Leader from the U.S. Department of Commerce will cover best global opportunities and sector opportunities for success
- NASA Glenn will provide insight into the next space missions and the types of technology and products needed for success
- Hear from Former Wright Patterson AFB Employees who facilitated foreign military sales; learn how to successfully become part of their supply chain
RECEPTION — A networking reception featuring guest speaker Astronaut Greg Harbaugh will take place at 5:30 p.m. at the rooftop garden at Lakeland Community College’s new Health Technologies Building. Details to follow.
Organizer Kent State University – College of Aeronautics and Engineering, NEOTEC AND Ohio Aerospace Institute (OAI)
Sponsors and supporting organizations include: Lake County Port Authority, The City of Willoughby, First Energy, The Lakeland Foundation, Mohawk Global Logistics, City of Mentor, Ohio Federal Research Network (OFRN) and US Commercial Service.