The following events should be of particular interest to the OFRN Community.
The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) Defense Sciences Office (DSO) is sponsoring a Proposers Day webcast to provide information to potential proposers on the objectives of an anticipated Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) for the Competency-Aware Machine Learning (CAML) program. The Proposers Day will be held via prerecorded webcast on February 20, 2019 at 11:00 AM and will repost at 3:00 PM. Advance registration is required for viewing the webcast. Note, all times listed in this announcement and on the registration website are Eastern Time.
The goals of the Competency-Aware Machine Learning (CAML) Proposers Day are to: (a) introduce the research community (Proposers, Academia, and Government) to the Competency-Aware Machine Learning (CAML) program’s vision and goals; and (b) explain the mechanics of a DARPA program and the milestones of this particular effort.
Additional information regarding this special notice can be found at the following link:
Response Date: Feb 18, 2019 5:00 pm Eastern
Please send any questions regarding this notice to CAML@darpa.mil.
presented by Defense Strategies Institute
DSI’s 7th Annual DoD Unmanned Systems Summit directly supports DoD/Federal Government priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
Topics to be Covered at the 2019 Symposium:
- Developing unmanned systems to defeat near peer threats in future fights
- Challenges faced integrating unmanned systems across the force
- Reducing soldier workload through human-machine teaming
- Improving Unmanned system interoperability
- Developments in unmanned swarm research
- Weaponizing UxS air and ground systems
- Delivering Naval dominance through unmanned capabilities
- Efforts to integrate UxS’ into the National Airspace
At our Summit You Will Have the Ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing communications and networking leaders.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to engage in constructive dialogue among all in attendance.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Why You Should Attend
This educational Summit will bring together senior DoD officials, military leaders, academia, and solution providers to enhance the interoperability and tactical capabilities of UxS across the services. DSI’s 2019 Unmanned Systems for DoD will emphasize the increased need to develop UxS technology as the national defense focus shifts from counterinsurgency back to a great power fight. As potential enemies increase their unmanned capabilities, the United States will have to develop systems of their own. These systems will have to increase warfighter functions and provide commanders with unmatched capabilities. This Summit will feature the growing role of UxSs in our country’s military and focus particularly on the needs of the various services to dominate on the future battlefield. This summit will feature senior-level discussions that emphasize the critical need for common controllers and interoperability to further enhance the effectiveness and accuracy of UxS across the services. This program will allow for open and honest dialogue to solve the nation’s most difficult technical and strategic challenges while bridging the UxS capability gap among the services.
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees
- DSI’s Summit directly supports DoD, IC, DHS, and Government priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
- DSI’s Summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
- The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
- (Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
- Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS