The following events should be of particular interest to the OFRN Community.
SAVE THE DATE…
The Ohio Federal Research Network (OFRN) is preparing for its next round of funding.
There will be an OFRN Round 4 funding information session in Columbus, OH on June 27, 2019.
The Ohio Federal Research Network Round 4 Funding Information Session will give an overview of the Ohio Federal Research Network (OFRN), OFRN’s Sustaining Ohio’s Aeronautical Readiness and Innovation in the Next Generation (SOARING) initiative, and the soon to be released OFRN Round 4 RFP.
Who Should Attend? Anyone interested in learning about the OFRN and the Round 4 RFP should attend this informational briefing.
Additional event details to come….
Registration is free. Space is limited so register early!
Want to receive OFRN Round 4 funding updates? Sign up to receive OFRN updates.
The WDI event offers three (3) days of in-depth and comprehensive presentations, panels, and one-on-one sessions related to the Air Force and technology focus areas and aerospace research and development. Portfolios for each of AFRL’s Technical Directorates and supporting organizations will be presented by the Tech Directors and SMEs.
To qualify to attend the conference, you must be a U.S. Citizen.
All non-government attendees (including contractors) are required to have a government
Defense Logistics Information Service (DLIS) certified DD form 2345.
Early Bird Rate Until June 15
Additional information available at event website http://www.wrightdialogue.org/index.html
Organized by AIAA Intelligent Systems Technical Committee
July 29-30, 2019
At University of Cincinnati
Experts from Industry, academia, NASA, AFRL, Army, MITRE, and ONR will discuss on the following important topics related to intelligent and autonomous systems.
- Human Machine Interaction,
- Security of Intelligent and Autonomous Systems,
- Integrating Autonomy into Existing Ecosystems,
- Developing an Intelligent Systems Workforce.
- Opportunity to meet researchers and program managers from major programs across the nation.
- Open and intimate conversations with colleagues across a wide spectrum of disciplines on today’s top problems.
- Lightning Talk Competition and Poster Session for Students. Three cash awards sponsored by The Aerospace Corporation.
- Students interested in internships, fulltime jobs, and graduate school will be able to network with potential employers.
- Optional Tour of General Electric Learning Center on July 31st.
- John Langford, CEO Aurora Flight Sciences (A Boeing Company) and President AIAA.
- Tim McLain, Director Center for Unmanned Aircraft Systems and Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Brigham Young University.
- John-Paul “J-P” Clarke, Vice President of Strategic Technologies at United Technologies Corporation. Session: Human Machine Interaction.
- J. Sukarno Mertoguno, Program Manager, Cyber Security and Complex Software Systems, Office of Naval Research. Session: Security of Intelligent and Autonomous Systems.
- Parimal Kopardekar, Director Aeronautics Research Institute and Senior Technologist for Air Transportation System at NASA. Session: Integrating Autonomy into Existing Ecosystems
- Rich Granger, Managing Director, Workforce Development DriveOhio. Session: Developing an Intelligent Systems Workforce.
- Affordable on-campus housing at UC available to student participants.
- For complete details or to register, visit the home page for the 2019 AIAA Intelligent Systems Workshop @ UC.
Come see why the FAA authorized Beyond Visual Line of Sight operations to the US Air Force Research Laboratory in the state of Ohio, and how you can fly BVLOS.
This year’s event will reflect the advancements in this fast-paced industry throughout the Midwest, and how Ohio is leading the way in Beyond Visual Line of Sight operations. As the technology and approvals advance, this regional focus will encourage collaboration and commercial partnerships throughout the Midwest.
See event website for details and registration
2019 Theme: Ohio’s Defense Ecosystem
“Connecting Ohio’s Military Installations, Defense Communities and Industries”
With Special Guest Congressman Michael Turner
The DDC, along with many key partners and sponsors, hosts the annual state-wide Ohio Defense Forum. The Forum is for defense installation leadership, community leaders, industry representatives, and elected officials to connect, build awareness, and gain a deeper understanding of the current defense environment, and the role they play in supporting all facets of national defense. Event networking opportunities allow stakeholders to interact and discuss key issues with top level officials.
Sponsorship Opportunities Available
click here to view packages
The Ohio Defense Forum Attire
Civilian: Business | Military: Uniform of the Day
Advance registration is STRONGLY encouraged.
Due to security considerations and space limitations, on-site registrants may not be guaranteed admittance.
All attendees will be asked to show a government-issued photo identification card to enter the event.