In order to produce exceptional value for our clients, partners and projects, the Ohio Federal Research Network organizes its capabilities into three main service areas that are distinct by strength and strategy and naturally woven together. This allows our team to deliver exceptional solutions to complex issues. Read our full list of capabilities on our homepage.
Commercialization & Workforce Development
The Ohio Federal Research Network (OFRN) has the major objective to grow our research talent base statewide, retain/create new jobs in Ohio and commercialize federally-funded technology for federal and public sectors. To achieve these objectives, the OFRN has identified a key suite of commercialization & workforce development services that are available to our currently-funded projects:
- Multi-phase proactive approach for the commercialization of OFRN-funded technologies
- Identification, pursuit, and capture of private sector funded research based upon OFRN capabilities and areas of interest
- Data analytics for business solutions
Have promising ideas or intellectual property for commercialization? Contact us today!
The OFRN is not an investment fund. The bulk of the OFRN financial resources are entrusted by The Ohio Legislature and earmarked for various projects identified by the OFRN partners and collaborators. The OFRN has the major objective to attract outside public and private investment to fund research and development projects that solve defense challenges. To achieve this objective, the OFRN has identified a key suite of federal funding services that are available to our currently-funded projects:
- Monitoring and providing notice of federal opportunities for Ohio’s R&D network
- Coaching and mentoring on product commercialization strategies
- Proposal training workshops
- Identification, pursuit, and capture of federally funded Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) contracts
Need assistance and/or academic partners in pursuit of federal funding opportunities? Contact us today!
Networking & Collaboration
The OFRN utilizes networking and collaboration as solutions to innovation gaps present within Ohio-based federal entities. The OFRN’s networking and collaboration service identifies science and technology capabilities across academia, industry and the government and builds strategic partnerships between each group to support federal missions. To achieve this objective, the OFRN has identified a key suite of networking and collaboration services that are available to our currently-funded projects:
- Federal agency and congressional engagement strategies
- Planning and execution of industry outreach events, communication and PR for OFRN and its funded research projects
Are you interested in collaborating with OFRN and its research projects? Contact us today!