The Ohio Federal Research Network is managed by staff from the Wright State Research Institute (WSRI). WSRI has a COVID-19 Business Continuity Plan, which allows the OFRN to conduct business as usual. We are working at remote locations and can be reached via our contact page.
Entrepreneurs and Businesses: Launch Dayton – a program of the Wright State Applied Research Corporation – has created a website with COVID-19 resources to assist entrepreneurs and business owners.
The OFRN Mission
We have the mission to stimulate Ohio’s innovation economy by building vibrant, statewide university/industry research collaborations that meet the requirements of Ohio’s federal laboratories, resulting in the creation of leading-edge technologies that drive job growth for our state.
The OFRN Vision
The OFRN seeks to make Ohio the nexus for research that drives innovation and builds economic prosperity for Ohio.
The OFRN Capabilities
- Identify priority research areas that meet significant national requirements of the Air Force Research Laboratory, National Air and Space Intelligence Center, NASA Glenn Research Center and Naval Medical Research Unit leadership to support their missions and long-term viability within Ohio’s federal research portfolio.
- Identify existing Ohio universities and private sector capabilities and potential initiatives that align with federal research requirements
- Leverage resources and capabilities by aligning with significant and complementary programs, projects and initiatives in Ohio.
- Build on existing best practices nationally that create an innovative, proactive and sustainable enterprise for Ohio.
- Provide financial resources to stand up investment in research technology commercialization initiatives primarily through the Ohio Department of Higher Education Budget.
- Provide linkages to relevant Ohio business pursuit/capture activities.